Sunday, April 11, 2010

Public Speaking Speech about Working Out

In about two weeks, I have to give a persuasive speech in my Public Speaking class. The topic I picked is to persuade people to workout/be active. I know I want to add a lot of statistics but I need to do my research and make sure they are good, solid facts. However, I don't know what I can use as a visual aid nor what to do for other content in my speech. Anyone have any ideas? I was going to do a PowerPoint but that can be boring anymore. Does anyone know of any visual aids that could be useful to get my point across? I need to try to break it down into maybe three main points.

1 comment:

  1. Well sir, I think the first thing that you must do is to put on a video of richard simmons to get the class into it. I think that would grab their attention and talk about exercising while its going on. Or you could trow on a video of P90X and talk about the results that occur in those 90 days and the benefits of working out. But people these days think they know how to get in shape and lose weight but some dont and for the people who do know...make it interesting so that the people who already thinik they know how to stay fit learn something new and different to add into their exercise you know. Like today i read an article about biceps and triceps and core muscles. I thougt i knew that if you curl your arms you will start to get a little bit bigger in the biceps but there is so much more to it and they were talking about the physiology of it and it was pretty interesting. But make it fun and exciting and you will be fine

    ReplyDelete