Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Loosy Goosy

Stretching does wonders for your body. I don't know that exact things that it helps your body with but it sure makes me feel a whole lot better. I just lifted legs on Monday and it has been awhile since I worked out my legs. I definitely felt it this morning. When I try to stretch my legs to make them feel better I get extremely hot extremely fast. I think it gets your blood going through your body and increases your heart rate. Being flexible was easy when I was a kid but now that I'm older, I am not as limber as I used to be. It really takes a lot out of you to stretch and to get the flexibility you want. It's hard to fit in time in your day to stretch too. Sure you can stretch before you workout but stretching your body can be a workout as itself. How many of your stretch? I think I'm going to start adding that to my routine. I need to stretch.

3 comments:

  1. I believe stretching is as important if not more than lifting itself. Working out without streaching is a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off. Not streaching can lead to an injury. Mabey not when you are young. but once you get a little older chance of injury will increase. So remember if you want to be lifting and exercising for years to come start streaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everyone. Stretching is so important. I try my hardest to make sure that I at least hold some basic stretch's for 10 seconds or more before and after I run. In high school sports we stretched a lot and I feel that it helped me to improve in all aspects of physical fitness. In walk/jog class we did one full class period of stretching and I have to say that I felt great all day, and my workout went more slowly. So definitely keep stretching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I do not like to stretch, I know how important and helpful it is to a person. Being flexible helps you in all physical activity and also reduces the risk of injury. I have had positive effects from both dynamic and static stretching over the years. I now try and do dynamic prior to working out and static after. It is said you increase your flexibility more when you stretch when your muscles are already warm from a work out.

    ReplyDelete